Tuesday, April 12, 2011

NaBloPoMo National Blog Posting Month

Today's question:  Who do you miss?

I found this on the internets when I was trying to give my blog a facelift.  I've recently come into a bunch of free time at home that I didn't expect.  After a day of travel let downs that I'll discuss in a minute I'm finally hunkered down at home.   Spending some serious time with my couch and catching friends up on what happened to me today that I checked up on my friend's blog BestBlog : Life Belongs to the Energetic.  She's been doing a 30 day blog challenge and actually sticking to it.  Since I'm so terrible about updating my blog I decided that I would take a page from her and re-re-re-dedicate my self for updating and maintaining this tiny little spot of cyber space.
  While I was looking for ways to jump start my writing process I stumbled across the NaBloPoMo website.  A total fluke but super nerdy and definitely hilarious.  And I decided to take the Blog Month challenge.  Feel free to severely verbally lash me if I can't see this one through.  There are two reasons this is going to work. 1) I am committed.  2) My wonderful exciting trip to DC for Spring Break was unexpectedly canceled thanks to the loving employees of Southwest.  From here forward known as Southworst.
  Today's experience answers the question.  I miss a lot of things.  My friends who live far away from me and my family.  I made a decision to move across the country three years ago and I do not regret it for a second.  Still, on days like today when the stupidness of air travel ruins my plans I fully realize and feel how far away I am from most of the people I know and love.  Overall, thinking about people I miss makes me understand the fragility of life.  
  At the same time I'm still on vacation and some deep deep relaxation must occur.  I want to get a seaweed wrap and have small midgets walk up and down my back.  On that note...more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment