Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Large Marge and other images that may shock and frighten you!

Today's Question:  What is the scariest thing you've ever done?

  I'll be honest blogosphere fans/friends/readers/  I enjoy writing to you as if there are masses of people reading this blog.  I figure if somebody happens to stumble across this randomly they might think it's the most pretentious blog written by a person who thinks very highly of themselves.  At least that's what I'm hoping.  My adoring public...you know not that I exist.  But as usual I digress.  So yesterday was my big vacation travel let down.  I know it happens all the time.  Plans changes, planes break down, your train is late, the bus gets re-routed.  But it never happened to ME!  Well, actually, that's not true.  I've just never gone to the airport and left again within a 20 minute time frame.  I'm also remembering that I haven't done anything for Spring break since I moved out here.  One year my friend Victoire came out to visit me and last year I'm pretty sure I did the big ole nothing.  I locked my keys in my car.  Thereby ensuring I had a true staycation.  This year my staycation is imposed by my no longer such good friends at Southworst.  I will continue to trash their airline until I decide I'm broke enough to splurge on their cheap airfares again.
   All of these are interesting tidbits but none of them describe the scariest thing I've ever done.  I've done a couple scary things.  The most obvious to me right now is deciding to pick up and move to California three years ago.  Not only am I far away from everything and everyone I know; I can't even blame it on somebody else.  It was my own decision.  It didn't seem scary at the time but compared to everything else "scary" I've done...goin on the caves field trip in 8th grade.  That was definitely scary...maybe more claustrophobic but it freaked me out a lot.  Ropes courses...also pretty scary to me.  I have a pretty low center of gravity (BIG WINK) and I don't really like putting on harness and trying to scale tree trunks.  Living in a foreign country.  That was scary too.  But now, it doesn't seem that scary at all.

  In fact, even living in California didn't seem scary when I decided to do it.  It seemed fun and easy and a good change of pace.  Only in retrospect do I realize how F*ing scary it was.  Especially when I try to go places for vacation and I can't get there!  Then I read today's blog prompt and I realize. WOW.  The scariest thing I've ever done is something I continue to live with every single day.  But isn't that what makes it scary? 

And on that note.  Another day, another blog entry.  I'm 2 for 2.  Thanks Natarie for the pinch hitting reminder! 

Oh yeah and when I was a kid I couldn't sleep without the light on for like almost an entire year because I watched Pee-Wee's Great Adventure and Large Marge scared the SHIT out of me.  Seriously, ask my mom.  She suffered through it just as much as I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment