Friday, April 22, 2011

Donuts make me GO NUTS!

Today's Question:  What qualities do you look for in a role model?

  Well blogosphere, I am a role model.  Mostly because of my job.  I have all these kiddos I interact with everyday and regardless of how I feel about it or what I want.  They look up to me.  And I really hate it when people (cough cough ADULTS) especially famous people say: "I'm not a role model." or "I never asked to be a role model."  Well duh--it's not really something people go around asking.  It just sort of happens.  And I'm egotistical enough to be flattered when people think of me as a role model. 

  For myself personally, I'm currently looking for a role model.  I try to look up to people in the education world, especially people who are creating change and making a difference.  Also, I have so much respect for people who do what they say, or as the cliche says, people who can talk the talk AND walk the walk.  Honesty is another quality that I value in people.  And a great sense of humor.  Someone who can listen and actually understand a point of view besides their own.  Now I feel like I'm writing a personal ad.  That's my own blog prompt....Can you date your role model?  Think about it.

 In the real world I got a flat tire last night.  My second one in my first three years of car ownership.  Not too bad.  But I had to put the donut on my car.  And I keep referring to it as a donut and everyone out here in the land of fruits and nuts looks at my like I'm crazy.  California feels like a different country sometimes.  Scratch that...all the time.  But it's Friday and almost Easter and my parents are visiting.  So a la prochaine!

No comments:

Post a Comment