Thursday, March 11, 2010

...and start getting REAL.

Hello fans! Welcome to my new interweb space. If you have been following my posts I apologize for the drop off in the winter months. I was hibernating. For new fans Welcome, please read and continue to read my extra special blog! So I posted my previous entries which you can peruse through AND I promise this blog will start to look a little less generic. I just need to find the time. But I don't want to disappoint the fans! Date 6: So the real date 6 took place at a super bowl party but since it was a group activity I will only count it as Date 5 1/2! So the real date 6 was last Friday. My newest male friend lives a little further away so we decided to meet at a midpoint so neither one of us was put out too much. Cool. There was a lot of texting building up to this date. It was romantic, sort of cheesy but definitely heartfelt. Texts like: "Hey beautiful, how was your day?" or "What are you thinking about? Hopefully me" --Still not sure how to respond to that second text. Which reminds me, Male followers, especially straight ones, I need your response and comments to what I post. I am stuck with this female brain and all my female friends that I seek advice from have female brains. So yes, calling all male brains! But I digress.

Ok, I've never had a problem with stage fright. I'm lucky that way. I get up in front of a group of people, say my piece and sit back down. In fact, surprise surprise, I LIKE getting up in front of people. Still, even I have my nervous moments. Let's call it performance anxiety and especially when you let something build up in your head. The once easy feat of getting up speaking in front of a group is totally lost. Do you see where this is heading? No, ok.
It's Friday night, I've gone back and forth about whether date 6 is worth it. I'm committed to my experiment but sometimes all these random dates give me clammy nervous hands! Date 6 texts me saying he's in the area of the restaurant and he's wondering if I'm going to "stay for dessert". I interpret this as some kind of smooching or fooling around after our official date of dinner and drinks. I respond coyly by saying, "I have to go home at the end of the night". Then I decide that was too cold so I send another text saying, "But maybe I could be convinced to try some dessert". Attempting to keep up with the cute text exchange. There were a few texts in between about directions and what not. Then I get the text, "Meet me at the Holiday Inn, I'm relaxing on the big comfy bed." WHAT? There was NO mention of a hotel, at all and honestly....WHAT? Who does that? Now do I respond that way? No, I'm too nice. I think maybe I gave him the wrong impression. At this point I'm already on my way to meet Date 6. I don't think I can back out. So I figure, I'll just go for it and leave after drinks.
Since we'd already met at the aformentioned superbowl party dinner was fun. We had a lot of talk about, some things in common. Like I said he's a chivalrous romantic cutie but has to iron out some kinks. We went out for drinks, played some pool and in my weakness I agreed to come back to the hotel for just a little while.

There were lots of tender comments which are always appreciated. And lots of smooching. No heavy petting though, which is fine. Until he leans back, sighs and says, "I'm so sorry". I have NO idea what he's talking about, wondering if he got too excited too early. Then he says, "I really need to go to a doctor." And that's when I realize...it's all about performance anxiety. I've never experienced this before so I have no idea what to say. Needless to say, I left shortly after and laughed the entire car ride home.

Online dating...it's a mixed up world and I'm just on the tip of the iceberg of finding it out! More to come soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment