Sunday, September 4, 2011

Keep reinventing yourself

I vacillate between philosophies about people and their ability to change.  Sometimes I think people can change and become someone completely different.  Other times I'm inclined to believe that no one changes ever.  Perhaps that's why people talk about reinventing themselves.

  Adapt.  Even adaptations take generations to occur.  Let's wax philosophique about this all day.  Lately I've been noticing an adaptation or change on my facebook newsfeed.  Sign into facebook and some people are letting me peek into their early morning sunday thoughts.  Scroll down and inevitably I find out about someone's recent engagement or wedding or first child....or second.  Yikes!  I'm happy for everyone.  But what is going on?  I know it's the age.  But really?  It seems excessive.  Probably because most of those things are outside my realm of experience right now.  And I'm not unhappy.  In fact, I'm very happy.  But I sign on facebook start perusing my newsfeed and bam...feelings of inadequacy start to creep in.

  So....this blog is long neglected.  I never got a real purpose.  And I refuse to write too much about myself.  That's too scary.  Therefore, the next several entries of my little piece of the internet is going to be geared towards all the things I'd never know about (and probably wouldn't care to know about) if not for facebook.  All the while posing the underlying question.  Do I delete my account?  


  I'll keep it anonymous to protect the innocent.  But for now.  Rest my friends, from all that you labor.  On this final holiday of summer.  A la prochaine! 

No comments:

Post a Comment