Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Summer? What Summer?

Fans...if you even still exist.  At this point it has become obvious I am not a blogger.  I have witticisms.  I have thoughts.  Joys.  Theories.  Lovely brain nuggets to share with the world.  But mostly they stay in my head.  Or I recite them to myself in the car as I drive to or from work.  Since I live my life in school years.  September is my January...or more appropriately late August.  The 23rd to be exact is my January 1st.

  It's taken six years of teaching for me to realize that late August-November can be the hardest part of my year.  August is my January.  Fresh start.  New beginnings.  Accompanied by total chaos.  Did I mention I love tweens.  I read an article tonight about a shirt JC Penny's just yanked off the shelves that said, "I'm to pretty to do my homework so my brother does it for me"  or something to that effect.  Clearly the shirt was geared towards the tweens.  Possibly the MOST impressionable age group.  Actually, I most work with the newly minted teens.  Just barely 13 year olds with a smattering of 14 year olds.  Today as I paused to catch my breath in the 2nd week of school I thought of this song.


No more promises fans.  But I will try to keep this webspace FRESH.  My summer was good.  How about you?  Did you do what you set out to do?  I'm missing 4 wisdom teeth but I don't feel much dumber.

A la prochaine!

1 comment: